The resources issue

Ok just a thought.

Given the world problem with plastics at sea why not lead the world and advertise your game as being the first to address the issue and bring players attention to this global problem?

While ships are catching fish or crustaceans why not allow the ships to actually help the environment by collecting plastic as they go about their work?

You could put in a building that would recycle the "goods" or if that's not possible just skip to having x amount of plastic appear in your inventory.

It could end up being really good advertising and PR bringing in more players.

Ed

Thank you for your suggestion. That really sounds like a great idea! There might be some interesting ways on how we could make this either a daily task or as an timed event. We will consider some possibilities. Of course you can keep sharing your ideas on that matter here in this threat. This could result in a great new feature for the future ;)

There's also the issue where not all plastics at sea are in need of recycling. Apparently lots of "Nurdles" are lost at sea. Nurdles are the very small pellets that are used to make plastics. BTW Nurdles is the true name of the pellets. Maybe the claimed resources would be like the rarities with fishing grounds having a % likelihood of gaining resources.

11 hours ago, Hubris said:

Wanderer,

Where do you get these great ideas from? this is another brilliant suggestion.

All the best my friend.

Kind Regards

Hubris

I can't claim the making them work like rarities as that came as an extra from one of my Company members. I then just expanded on that but thanks anyway Hubris,

I don't know about BigKat but a lot of companies that make economy based tactical games don't have their devs playing full time so they can't necessarily spot these things.