Can no longer get game to load

Greetings,

I have been playing the game for just over two weeks now and decided to disable the sound. So my Wife would quit complaining about hearing seagulls, so after making the settings change and clicking the save button the game attempted to reload as normal. Now it will not go beyond the status loading screen, I have cleared my cache both using the CTRL+R method as well as going directly into my browsers tools and settings menu and clearing the cache from there.

I now have also uninstalled Big Bait and reinstalled it, No change from that. I have uninstalled and reinstalled FB Gameroom and Big Bait and no change, still reloads to the exact same stage. Then followed that up with completely removing anything on my PC that was referenced by Facebook, Then cleaning my systems registry as well as running my disk cleanup to get rid of remnants of anything left behind. Reinstalled everything fresh and this too has had no affect on allowing the game to load after reinstalling everything.

I am now at a loss and wish to play the game again as I have invested a good bit of time and money the last two weeks to both improve myself as well as to help the company that I have joined. I have tried playing the game directly through FB without the Gameroom APP as well as directly through the web site for the game itself. I can get the game to load this way and in doing so have attempted to revert my sound settings back to the on position and it works fine for those to methods of play but with so much lag that it is practically unplayable. Fixing the sound settings in those methods of play had no affect as well on the game loading correctly through FB Gameroom app.

Below is a Screen Shot of what stage the game gets to before stopping and doing nothing else.

Please HELP if anyone has any ideas I can try that I haven't already

Thank You in advance for any and all information in regards to this issue.

TwistEdFish

BigBait will not load after sound disabled.jpg

That's not good. I hope someone from Support can help as you can't even get to the stage where you can open a ticket.

The image shows "loading sound". As the sound drivers were working previously ( to your wife's dismay) I would check you have the latest sound drivers installed as that "could" be the problem. You seem to have ruled everything else out.

Usually I'd ask for your set up. Operating System etc. As much information as you can supply. Maybe someone at Big bait could reset your options to default.

I'm not sure what I have said will help but at least it shows someone is listening.

Greetings Twistedfish:

I do not believe the problems are game based, from all you have said it seems to be a face book game room or other issue as there has been a few more in gen chat speaking of this, as well as others posting threads on it ,and it all seems to go back to face book game room. i think i read that fb had done an update with in the past 48 to 72 hours . my advice would be ( mind you its free so put as much in to it as you would like ) to send support tickets out to face book.

As a very drastic last attempt, do a restore back to the last known game working date on your computer.

Given enough time surely one of the dev's or red ink staff will weigh in on this matter as well.

Please keep us updated to what you find.

Mr.Yumfy

I disabled my sound a few weeks ago and occasionally have had the same issue and "freeze" point on my computer - I don't do Facebook. I found that the only way to clear it was to completely shut down the computer (restart didn't clear it) and then boot up again. I haven't had the issue for a while now.

• 2 weeks later...

We have just recently improved our System. We were able to detect Errors when a loading Problem like yours occured. The improvement should be implemeted during the next maintenance on february 14th. It might still happen that your company buildings turn invisible, so you have to clear the Cache again. Other than that, we hope that the game will no longer stop loading at some points. Please keep your feedback coming if there are still issues.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...